Times are tough for the used truck market, but there are things you can do to help increase sales.
In a recent blog on the FleetOwner IdeaXchange, Jane Clark, Vice President of Member Services for NationaLease, pointed out the following tough realities:
- Used truck sales were down 23% in November, according to the National Automobile Dealers Association
- Values have fallen by as much as 20% to 30% in the last six months
- Inventory levels are growing
With these and other troubling facts, including the likelihood of a worsening condition, is there anything fleets can do to increase the marketability of their used trucks? According to Jane, the answer is yes.
- Clean the trucks up and repair any visible body damage
- Ensure that the trucks are mechanically sound
- Make sure that all components are working as they should
- And more
Read Jane’s blog in its entirety to learn what more you can do to make your trucks more marketable.