At NationaLease, we encourage, challenge, and recognize our technicians for their ongoing dedication to professional development. The annual NationaLease Tech Challenge provides our technicians with an opportunity to show off their expertise and get the recognition they deserve. They are among your most valuable assets.
For the eighth year in a row, NationaLease technicians compete for the regional and the North American top spots, where winners are awarded some awesome prizes. We know how hard they work to stay abreast of the ever-evolving world they work in. It’s only fair to give them a chance to achieve bragging rights.
Technicians from NationaLease’s nine regions are encouraged to compete in the Challenge, which is a 3-step process. Step #1 is the written exam which took place in mid-March and which tests the technicians’ knowledge. Nine winners (one from each region) of this step in the competition then go on to Step #2; the Hands-On Competition. Here technicians have a chance to exhibit their exceptional skills in a variety of hands on tasks. Step #2 is taking place this week at Advantage Truck Leasing, a NationaLease member in Charlotte NC. Following the Tech Challenge is the NationaLease Maintenance Managers Meeting where these nine regional winners will be recognized.
Three winners will be chosen (the Top Tech and two runners-up) who will then go on to represent NationaLease at the TMC SuperTech later this year. We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the nine regional winners of the 2018 Tech Challenge written exam:
- Region 1: Jason Stiles, VEL NationaLease
- Region 2: Bob Mrzygold, Aim NationaLease
- Region 3: Jason Johnson, Bentley Truck Services, Inc., a NationaLease Member
- Region 4: Justin Torgerson, Aim NationaLease
- Region 5: Ray Evans, Aim NationaLease
- Region 6: John Norwood, Aim NationaLease
- Region 7: Don Penkert, Harrison Rental & Leasing, a NationaLease Member
- Region 8: Rick Davis, Hogan Truck Leasing, Inc., a NationaLease Member
- Region 9: Stephen Vought, Aim NationaLease
Good luck to all the competitors as you move on to Step #2 and thank you to all the wonderful and dedicated technicians who competed. You really all are the best of the best!
See why NationaLease members pride themselves on their dedication to the highest of maintenance standards.